Sunday, October 11, 2015

#PraiseRant/LifeStories - Blonde Hair, Laughter, and Singing

- 1 -

          Saturday night birthday party. I'm getting here VERY late. Completely new environment. Don't know what to expect. Starting to wonder if maybe.....I....shouldn't just.......sneak in and hide in the corner? Just to keep from bothering people with my........tardiness.......I suppose. Actually.... I'm not quite sure what I'm thinking, but I'm a little nervous.

          Haven't even reached the front door yet. Looking inside from the porch, I see a little blonde-haired friend of mine from camp last summer. Her eyes catch mine, and I see them light up like fireworks. She darts toward me through the crowded living room and throws her arms up around my waist in a fierce hug.

"Hi! Wow! What are you doing here?!? I'm so happy! I forget your name!!!"

          Heh. Scratch the "sneak in and hide" idea. No idea why I thought that would work. Her shrill, happy little voice brings with it a rush of people and hugs and laughter. 

Why on earth was I nervous?! 


- 2 -
 
"Hey, Talia?"

"Yeah, what's up?" 

"I'm sorry I teased you yesterday."

"What? You teased me yesterday? I don't remember that......"

"Yeah, when you cut your finger on the bread machine, I shook my finger at you and went 'tsk tsk'. But then later I felt bad about it. So I'm sorry."

*surprised silence and then laughter* "Aw man, you're fine! I knew you were kidding, it's all good!! Thanks though, that was sweet of you."

"Mmmmkay."

~thirty seconds later~

"Hey, Talia?"

"Yes?"

"Were you singing earlier?"

"Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.........why?"

"On a scale of one to ten, it was maybe a 5.5"



...I guess there's only so many things you can feel bad about in one day. XD
      


- 3 -

For joy awakes as dawning light
When Christ’s disciples lift their eyes.

        The lights are on dimly in the audience, so the spotlight isn't fully on the stage. This is worship, not a performance. I listen as she sings the verse, waiting excitedly for the choir to step in behind her. She stands with confidence and joy, but also with a profound depth of humility. What a beautiful heart.

Alive He stands, their Friend and King;
Christ, Christ He is risen! ♪

          The thrill that comes with those words! Oh my goodness, I am so, so, excited. I grip my folder with sweaty hands, looking to the audience to see if they are catching this joy......
Christ is risen, He is risen indeed!
Oh, sing hallelujah.
Join the chorus, sing with the redeemed;
Christ is risen, He is risen indeed. ♪

The smile will not leave my face as I feel the music rush to my heart.
Here comes my King! Look! The tomb is empty! What great thing has He done?

♪ He is Risen! He's Alive!
He's alive!

He's Alive!
He's alive!

Heaven's gates are open wide! He's Alive!
He's alive!

He's Alive!
He's alive!

Now in heaven glorified! ♪

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!" - Psalm 95:1-6
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are" - 1 John 3:1


1 comment:

Talia Grace said...

*photo by Mama. :P